- I’ve held onto my Christmas twigs for too long, so it’s daffs & tulips all the way now in as many vases & pots that you have. I grew some paper white narcissus a la Sarah Raven, but they just bolted! Too forced!!
- Make commitments to do stuff; I find so many people don’t want to commit to booking up, meeting, deciding, turning up….so plan ahead & use your electronic or paper diary so it’s there in black & white! Plus somehow get your friends & clients to actually read (not just the 1st line) of their emails….
- For Valentine’s Day make some raw chocolate hearts or brownies or get some ideas from one of my clients : email@example.com. Laura runs workshops locally.
- Or send a rose plant from David Austin – they come in a lovely box & you can add your message….for all the people you care about & miss.
- Buy this card from Clare Jackman
- Listen to the radio – our apartment is so quiet that I like some background noise when I’m busy with stuff…the jury is out for me with the new line up of girls on Radio 2 (sorry), except Jo Whiley who does it for me, although it’s at 7-8 pm. I listened to Chris Evans this morning on Virgin…it was like coming home for me so will change from my DAB radio in the kitchen to the TV as it’s SKY 0215, 6.30-10am.
- If you have a new business locally, join Ladies Who Latte (I know, pretentious name) to network & promote your local business in a relaxed way. We meet in Forest Row or Crawley Down on a Tuesday 10am-12noon, 1 x month in Java & Jazz, Forest Row. New group starting In Crawley Down plus it’s a national organisation, so groups around the country. Contact Adeline Garman via : www.frowladieswholatte.co.uk.
- Plan your retreats.…whether just for a weekend in the UK or further afield….you can always pm me & I can let you know those that I can recommend as there are so many now to choose from.
- Lots of films for all tastes, on Netflix & real cinema as it is awards season…we loved The Favourite & Colette (be prepared!) plus want to see Vice, Green Book & then if you search on Netflix there are all sorts of earlier treasures – Broken with Sean Bean, written by Jimmy McGovern about a tortured catholic priest in poverty stricken north of England (yes, I know a bit heavy but excellent acting); the award winning Americans about embedded Russian spies in the 70s; the wonderful new Sex Education with Gillian Anderson…watch with your kids! The Wife with Glenn Close. On Atlantic we are watching another series of Grace & Frankie….even the guys love it too! Plus Tin Star, perhaps an acquired taste! Catch up on the Leavers for Brexit one off with Benedict Cumberbatch plus on BBC2 Inside Europe – 10 years of turmoil. 1 of 3 on a Monday….just to make sure my blog readers are fully informed!! I’d love to talk to my leadership & management friends on Theresa May’s style & negotiating strategy….
- If you’ve not been to see the new dining room @ Gravetye Manor you have to go.…one of the loveliest places I’ve been to in a while. They are still doing their fixed price lunches, some with a glass of Tattinger included!
- I am building up a list of things to do in London, so Christian Dior @ the V&A, Bonnard @ Tate Modern. Plus should make more of an effort to see a play…?
- About to start reading Michelle Obama’s book & want to read the new book by Dr Rangan Chatterjee on Stress. It was featured in the Daily Telegraph….
- We were disappointed not to be able to see Michel Legrande @ Ronnie Scott’s & Royal Festival Hall again in September as he died this week. He created modern standards such as “The Windmills of Your Mind”, “The Summer of ’42”, “What Are You Doing The Rest of your Life”. Plus we lost Francis Lai who died in November….a composer of lovely love songs. So along with the loss of Charles Aznavour, David & I are feeling a little nostalgic….so onto a lighter note:
Top 8 tips for the Spring
- Lie on the floor or bed, head flat, knees bent, hip width apart. Arms by side palms face down.
- Connect with your hands & feet to floor, then your breath.
- Breathe in & lift your arms to eye level & then as you breathe out take right hand down to top of left shoulder & left hand down slowly to right shoulder. Bring elbows down & give yourself a proper hug.
- As you do this, feel your upper back & shoulders flattening & opening into the floor, away from your ears & just take some more deep breaths through your nose.
- Start to open up slowly with an in breath & open your arms as though unfurling your wings.
- Repeat with left hand coming down first.
- Return to lying & see how this feels, perhaps you feel a little tearful or start hugging more….steady on!!